Friday, April 30, 2010

It's hardly been two hours since i got here and I'm already dying. Here is Chennai in case you were wondering. Yes, people like me escape their city's unbearable heat only to go to one where it is even worse. So, my hair is one frizz ball currently. And I can feel the sweat dripping down my back even as i write this.
Frankly, I'm quite happy i left Hyderabad. I mean i love it and all of that, but too much of something is not good for you, as the saying goes. The last one week has been an overdose in more ways than one. Staying up until 5 everyday, lots of UNO, whiskey and the rash that follows the next morning, familiar faces, gossip, partying and restricted vision. Our last girls night out proved to be the perfect goodbye (God why am i acting as if I've moved here on a permanent basis, i do not know). Not to mention the train journey. Spenta and I laughed and laughed and laughed and...yeah, I'm sure you get my drift. We acted like little excited school girls, which must've really pissed our fellow co-passengers off. Last ones to sleep and the last to get up, it was lots of fun.
Now that I'm here, I'm thinking i might as well get used to the heat and humidity. Oh, and I'm going to be interning here as well, which is quite a scary thought all by itself cause firstly, i don' really know what to expect and secondly, I don't really know my way around, forget communicating in the language. So all in all, the prospects of me doing well are, lets face it, quite dim. Anyway, I'm going to go now and see what I can do with my tendrils. Yes, not my fault that my hair is beginning to bear an uncanny resemblance to well, tendrils.

No comments: