Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I can't believe my semester exams are here. Already. Just the sight of my political science notes is making me dizzy. I shudder to think about how I'm going to get myself to study that gibberish, let alone manage to pass the ruddy subject. Then of course, there's the fact that April/May is almost here. I know, I know, every year it's the same story. And every year there's promptly a post about how distressed I am about the coming of summer. In my defence, the weather gets steadily worse and if I don't quetch here, where else will I, right? Currently, I have six tabs open (all exam related) and the thought of going through every one of them made me recoil and rush to seek solace here. It's amazing how many things you find to distract yourself at the absolute wrong time. Suddenly, my phone has become a vital organ (not that it was any less of an organ before), Drawmything has become a daily occurrence (if you don't already play it, start!). Cutting onions and perfecting it is now of crucial importance. Don't even get me started on the tempting effect my black cordless phone has on me. And then there's my sister's face. And the mirror. And the fact that I waste hours eating and walking around. It's exhausting to be this distracted, really. The only ray of hope in this wretched situation is the fact that I can binge on raw mango. And probably get thinner, what with nerves winning the fight over calories. Not to mention how for once, insomnia is probably a blessing. See, I'm slowly mastering the art of looking for a silver lining in every situation. On this happy and fulfilling note, I'm going to work my way through those six tabs and be the studyingrockstar (haha) I am.

No comments: