Saturday, May 28, 2011

About a year ago, I watched an incredible movie. It didn't have some intriguing story line, fancy sets or gorgeous people. If there was one word I'd use to describe 'Before Sunrise', it would be: simple. Simple in every respect. Right from the protaganists to the very story itself. So simple. When it ended I remember I felt so restless and of course I knew it was 'just a movie' but it was so unfinished and that bothered me. That night, I sat down to write a 'book' about how it should've ended (ended in my head, that is). Needless to say, I didn't make any progress. And good thing too, because it turned out there was a sequel! Which I watched today I might add. 'Before Sunset' was made nine years later and that added to the essence of the plot in many ways. It retained it's simplicity and yet showed that emotions can be so complex, conflicting and ardent. And that years later, they still continue to consume with the same intensity. It made me marvel at how how sometimes, things change so much and yet, not change at all.  So, finally that little nagging thought at the back of my head as to what happened after the first movie vanished. Only to be replaced with a new one.

Please, please, please make a threequel and complete this wonderful story.

No comments: