Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The last three days have been painful.
As always, I have realized the fragility of life yet again. It is not easy. It is not easy to accept that someone you loved so dearly and looked upto as an inspiration, is no longer. Death? It's not easy. Sometimes, when I feel my chest tighten, sadness envelop like a woolly black coat and hot streams run down my face, I wonder if there is any consolation at all? I understand karma and life after death. And I understand that no one can escape the inevitability of our mortal lives- I understand the bigger picture. I ask myself, in spite of  knowing all this, how one can cope? How can one learn to overlook a memory, ignore an absence in a family picture or try and forget  everything they ever associated that person with? Time, you may say. Time doesn't erase loss. No amount of strength can efface memories. Today, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can only hope that tomorrow, when grief learns to accept, that tiny speck will show itself.

No comments: