Friday, February 8, 2013

Don't you just hate when you know you should be doing something, but procrastinate until it's a dull though persistent lull at the back of your head saying 'do it, do it, you vile procrastinator?' Well, for the past few weeks (more like months) I've been putting off updating my blog and it's already February. Good God, it is so hard to keep up with time.
So, getting down to this year then - SHM happened. Refer to the post below for all the details (although it doesn't fully capture the chaos, the food, the fun, the passive smoke and the thrill of a first concert). I now have a new job! It involves what I love namely art, being creative and Biology. Medical illustration is really interesting and is constantly pushing me to step out of my realm of ignorance and embrace softwares like Photoshop and Flash. I've been avoiding Photoshop for the last few years now, almost like a girl would avoid her ex -  I'm bloody glad that some God sent force pushed us in the same room together and taught us that it doesn't hurt to be on better terms. I love how I love Photoshop now. Not to mention the additional perks of a Wacom tablet - which just makes digital painting such a thrill. This new place is damn chilled out. No one cares if you semi - stomp in your chair to Markus Schulz or type too loudly. And no one invites you to dumb 'office dos' that you have to go to in order to fit in. I also teach basic English for an hour everyday and it is such a good feeling to be able to make a difference in somebody's life (even if it is as small as getting one's tenses right). 
This year, I hope to do the following (it's still February, never too late to chalk out those resolutions, I reckon?)
- Declutter. 
- Drive. On the road as opposed to around my building.
- Push myself to be better at what I do. And master atleast two softwares even if that means learning from tutorials on the internet.
- Live in the moment.
- Sell some art.
- Go to as many music festivals/concerts as I can.
- Save up for Sea View.
- Be a better daughter, sister, friend, girlfriend.

No comments: