Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm extremely tempted to change my template YET again. What's different this time is that I'm not looking for something darker. Yes, you read that correctly. I am in fact contemplating a happy pastel colour all bright and bubbly. Although for now, I think I'm just going to trust my instincts which tell me to wait a little bit longer.

Moving on.

I had the bestest weekend with my cousins! Poker, being our newest addiction, kept us awake into the wee hours of the morning. Over all the screaming and swearing and alcohol and smoke, we bonded while collecting rows of those lovely chips. And we did a lot of cooking too. Not to mention the horrible cleaning that followed (not that I did too much). Oh and Zak's hard disk provided us with lots of entertainment for when we were not playing poker. You know there is just something about spending your weekend with a noisy house full of people you adore. I mean sure, we didn't see the sun for like two days and everyone tripped on me but what the hell? When we actually sat down and looked at pictures (thanks F Kaka) of how we were all so little back then, sticking to one other like glue, holding onto a hand, making a face and doing such typically-us things, each of us relived old memories. And at that exact point, all I felt was gratitude. Gratitude for the awesome bunch of people I have in my life. The thought of them not being around, frankly, terrifies me. I can't wait for the next wedding when my wonderful family is together again so we can make more memories (a little older and wiser this time) and maybe tomorrow, smile at how lucky we are.

No comments: