Saturday, February 5, 2011

This post is almost a week too late.
So, I'm going to get right to it.

I met David Archuleta.
I MET David Archuleta.
I met DAVID ARCHULETA.
Yes, I felt the need of typing that three times because it makes me surge with such joy, I can't quite describe it.

I, like the rest of the world (most of it anyway), was introduced to David Archuleta on American Idol, three years ago. I became a loyal fan the moment he sang Heaven. And I have been faithful ever since. So, you can only imagine my joy when I learnt that he was coming to India! Within five days, I had my tickets booked and my bags packed. Not to mention how my excitement had already reached alarming levels. Finally, I was sitting in Rhapsody, fidgeting with my lip balm and trying to balance my wine glass (at the same time), while I waited in anticipation. When he finally did show up, I thought I would die. He was shy and cute and adorable and awesome all at once. He talked about the people he met and how he loved being with them, he talked about India and how much he liked the food and he blushed like a little boy when all the girls hooted and screeched 'we love you David!'. Then, he sang. Although he didn't sing too much, he was brilliant. I sat there, rather dumbfounded and kept reminding myself that it was real. He was even better to watch live than on Idol! After his performance, there was a very moving presentation on the Rising Star foundation and their work with Leper Colonies. It was really sad and made me want to help them. So, after college, that goes right on top of my list. With his concluding performance, it seemed like forty minutes just flew past. While everybody swarmed around him for autographs and pictures, I waited anxiously for Spenta to give me the green light (the perks I tell you). I not only got to hug him and briefly exchange a few words (I don't remember much, thanks to the nerves) but I also got quite a few pictures! All in all, it was one of the most exciting experiences ever. Of course, I have only my cousin to thank. She made sure I came, made sure I got pictures and even gave me that precious Aquafina bottle. Best rushed-two-day trip by far :)




No comments: