1. Always and I mean always carry a notebook. Nevermind if you have the world's best retention power, you still need to write it down.
2. Every detail matters.
3. Listen. Even if you're bored out of your mind. If you don't, be sure it will come back to bite you.
4. Observe. Not the peeling wall paper or chipped glass desk, but the person talking. The layout of the office, the hierarchy followed, etc.
5. Be confident and contribute to the conversation. No one likes a mute duck staring at you from the other side of the table.
6. Don't drool at the sight of food. It's not an endearing quality.
7. Remember names, positions and publications.
8. If you're not pushy and persistent, you can be sure your work will not be done.
9. Be up to date with current issues. From politics, markets and shares to prices of commodities and new ventures.
10. That thing called comfort zone? Yeah, get out of it.
11. Don't expect weekdays and holidays and miracles in the form of bandhs.
12. Deadlines and consequences go hand in hand.
13. Working under pressure is a part of the job, the sooner you realize that, the better.
14. Think before you speak.
15. Your phone must be recharged at all times.
16. Before getting into a meeting, go over the talk points and agenda in your head. It's good to have all the answers.
17. Impeccable presentation, formatting and neat documents are important.
18. The small jobs matter. While you may think it's insignificant and a waste of time, it really isn't.
19. Good relations means a happy client and a happy agency.
20. Your client is your baby. You must know them to the point of predictable. And always, always deliver.